Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Food to crave for: Low Calories Fried Rice with Veggies

What do you do when you have a last minute lunch to prepare for a friend coming over + you are just back from holidays so you are really supposed to eat super healthy food? Simple: You sharpen your wit!!

The day after we came back from Teramo, we have invited our friend Antonio for lunch, also to thank him for taking care of my precious Mozzichino while we were away.

Mozzichino

I wanted to prepare something nice and tasty but I didn't have much time and I still had to empty the luggage (!!).

Since it was a very nice sunny day I have set up the table in my terrace, I decided to get inspiration from oriental food and prepared a low calories fried rice! It's very easy and you can use all the vegetables you want - just open your fridge and take them all!

This is the outcome:

1 portion contains about 300 calories (more or less..)

I have used: 

- Veggies: carrots, peas, onion, zucchini, pumpkin and small maize.

- EVO oil, peanut butter, soya light and oyster sauce + water

Preparation:

Boil the rice (I used Basmati Indian Rice) in a small pot.

Pour 2 spoons of olive oil in a Wok and fry the veggies you have chosen. Add two spoons of water. When it dries a bit, add a teaspoon of peanut butter, 2 teaspoons of light soya and 1 tea spoon of Oyster sauce (if you have any).

Add the rice and mix everything together :) ta - chaan!


We brought some speck and salamis from Italy..they couldn't not be served as appetizers ;)

And there it goes my "eat healthy" resolution.........

See the sun dried tomatoes on the left? My friend Paola has given them to me and I prepared two jars of  tomatoes in EVO oil :)

Tips:use capers instead of basil and let the sun dried tomatoes stay in olive oil for at least 1 month! I read on the internet some recipes that suggested to let them stay only for 6/8 days: WRONG! We always let veggies in olive oil for 1 month before eating them. Trust me, the flavour is much much much better.

Stefano and Antonio's faces look happy, what do you think?


And I can say I am proud of the outcome :)


What about you? Do you have any quick and easy recipe you want to share? ;)

Until next time,
Daniela

8 comments:

  1. MMMMM! I want some right now!

    I would love for you to share this and link up to my TGIF Link Party! The party is open every Friday and closes at midnight on Wednesday night. Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

    I follow back: bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter. =)

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I sure will visit your blog for the party and I have now liked your Facebook page so we can keep in touch ;) You can find me on Facebook as well by looking for pretty elements, Daniela

      Delete
  2. YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! This would be perfect to link-up to my new series - "Create It Thursday." It's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Leaslie! And Congratulation for you 1st Link party! I've now linked my Low Calories Fried Rice and will check the other posts ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the healthy recipe. I'd love to have you link to What to do Weekends Party also! Following you on Facebook and Pinterest. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/05/what-to-do-weekends-party-19-and-target.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda :) I've now added my link on your weekend party and will now have a look at the other links! Thank you for organizing it ;) Daniela

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks so good! Thank you so much for linking up with me @ Great Idea Thursday's. I love a good stir fry and really using fresh veggies in anything. They are so colorful and so good for you. This looks great. I'm thinking lunch :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista and also thank you for hosting the party! Have a nice lunch ;)

      Delete

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)